Saturday, November 17, 2007

Underwater Grill

grill underwater at Ward Lake


If you have visited here regularly, you know that I am from Alaska. Yes, born and raised, too. I left after High School.

Okay, let me tell you something. I am in Alaska all month. Sorry, I just didn't mention it. For a couple of days this month, I posted some NYC shots taken before I left, and even though I have taken many, many photos this and every year and only a small percentage get posted, I don't like using "old" shots very often. Thus the days this month without a post.

You know, this is a New York City blog and I wasn't going to post Alaska shots, except for a special "when I am back" post ala this summer.

Well, anyhow, I changed my mind. I like posting photos and will share Alaska photos until I'm back in NYC. Alaska is always in my thoughts when I'm in New York, so, in that regard, these are a part of "New York Nitty-Gritty" as much as any others.

Here we see a grill at Ward Lake near Ketchikan, Alaska, my home town. Ketchikan gets well over 100 inches of rain per year--in your face, Seattle!!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Hope you have a great time in Alaska. I bet it is a beautiful place. I look forward to seeing your Alaskan pictures.

chilly said...

As much as I enjoy coming by to see New York, I enjoy your photos very much, so I'm sure I will look forward to your Alaska photos too, so just bring them on. :)
Have a great time in Alaska!