Thursday, December 14, 2006

For the Scrooges



With all the Christmas imagery around and flocks of tourists in town to enjoy it, I offer the Scrooge in all of us something different: A rainy "empty" scene in Williamsburg, Brooklyn...

"I wish to be left alone," said Scrooge. "Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I don't make merry myself at Christmas and I can't afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned [prisons and workhouses]--they cost enough; and those who are badly off must go there."
(from A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has character, though.

Anonymous said...

I love the tag art pics.

laanba said...

Haha... I'm starting to get tired of my OWN Christmas pictures, but it isn't like I can post them in April. Can I? :)

Thanks for the break from Christmas mania.