Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Guest Post: Underground



When Otilius told me that he was going to be doing a Year In Review series and asked me to be a guest poster, I jumped on the bandwagon quickly! I've been a fan of Oti's photography since the first day I stumbled across his blog on BlogExplosion.

I chose this photo as my favorite because it actually says something to me. As I sit here and realize that it's the end of December, I find myself wondering where the entire year went. It seems to have just been a blur that blew by me. When looking at this picture, I'm reminded that each day we have is a gift. Our days, months or years don't have to be a fuzzy blur to us if we take the time to savor each and every moment that we're afforded.

I encourage all of you to look at 2007 with a new and fresh view. Stop and take some time for yourself. Spend a little more time with your families. Listen to your favorite music just a bit more often. Don't find yourself facing 2008 with nothing but blurry memories to remind you of the last 12 months. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you a truly prosperous New Year!

Butterflydiva

[photo "RingStDiptych" originally posted February 16, 2006]

1 comment:

Shrinking Wop said...

Photographs capture a moment, a memory, a thought that may be different to the individual viewer. Many times I've found myself looking at one if his photos and it takes me to one of those moments. That's what makes his photographs so special and truly makes them art.