Sunday, December 24, 2006

Guest Post: Imagine!



I don't think that my pal Otilius knew what an awesome thing he'd done for me when he finally made it down to 72nd and Central Park West to take a picture of one of the most amazing places I've ever seen. See, I'm a huge John Lennon fan, and I have been since the womb. John's music was one of the things that I shared with my grandpa that no one else in my family understood. Hell, I even have a tattoo of the cover of the "Imagine" film that I got not only as a tribute to a great musician, but to an even greater man.

My grandfather died last July, and we played "Strawberry Fields Forever" at his funeral...forever changing the meaning of the song for me. Little things though, like this photo, my tattoo, walruses, submarines, and skies of diamonds keep his memory picture perfect.

Love
KizzyKim

............

While I am away from NYC this holiday season, I will have some Guest Posts as a bit of a Year in Review. Tomorrow's photo will be new.

I had a good year visually and hope you enjoyed a photo or two yourself. To all the viewers of New York Nitty-Gritty, I wish you and yours a fantastic Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This photo is great...Lennon has a special place in my heart, as well, and especially the song "Imagine."

Peace and keep up the beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

Imagine has to be my Favorite truth of all time. It took me some time myself, spiritual letting go and understanding to really appreciate it and truly understand it. I think it may scare many people on first glance but the beauty is in the knowing and I can now appreciate, love it's great beauty and value John's truth.
Nancy
Waterfall in Spirit

Thank you for the wonderful photo!!

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Anonymous said...

You still rock. This picture puts a smile on my face everytime I see it.

When are you coming home? I miss you!

Anonymous said...

nice pic--jl was great-is great still--ty oti for taking that pic for kizzy -deb.