Saturday, July 22, 2006

At the Gates


He then manipulated the chamber in the gun and let the hammer go. I gasped as the hammer came down and I expected to be dead. When it didn’t go off, I burst out laughing as did the Agent and I said,
“That was a waste of time! I expected to be up at the pearly gates talking to St. Peter!”
The Agent said, “You sure about that?”

“No, either that or running from Pytharnagus.”
“Who is Pytharnagus?”
“He is the three headed dog that guards the gates of hell.”

(pause a beat)

“Is that Greek or Roman?"
“Roman I think.”
“ Do you care?”
“ No, not really.”

“ Why not?”
“Cause that was a long time ago.”



©2006 by Anonymous

5 comments:

Goldenfrappe said...

Oh, I thought it was Cancerbero the name of the guardian creature of hell...
Well, I imagine is called by several ways depending on the countries....
Cool pics!!

Dave Knechel said...

You sure do take some very nice photographs.

Anonymous said...

You take wonderful photographs of New York City. You really manage to capture the tone and feeling of the city. I lived there for four years in Manhattan and your images really bring back a lot of memories just about the feeling of living in the city. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Luckily, we don't have that kind of crap up in Canada. You should consider joining us.

yellowdoggranny said...

like the little anonymous on the post and really like the picture..'new yorky'..