Saturday, June 09, 2007

Mr. Poppins

Poppins signage


The negative has many online venues but where do you look for something positive? With this question in mind, a fellow blogger, Neobluepanther, chose to start Blog Your Blessing Sunday. Each participating blogger posts about something positive in their life--you guessed it, on Sunday. In only a few months, the number of participants continues to grow.

For Neo, "Mr. Poppins", I dedicate this post. This nickname came from an intended insult by haters who found Neo's blog a bit too "sunny". For me, the name sticks as a badge of honor. These days, we can easily find lude rants and base content peppered throughout the blogosphere. Why not let a little sun shine in? At Neo's suggestion, at least for one day, a paragraph or two can get set aside to blog about something uplifting.

Thanks, Mr. Poppins, for showing the way. Indeed, a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down...

Blog Your Blessings banner

10 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I'm with you on this one! It's always good to see Poppins, whatever gender she assumes! Happy BYB Sunday!

Marisa Wikramanayake said...

I think the idea is an awesome one and your blessing was equally wonderful as was the photo.

I want to start a photoblog but I was wondering whether to post random photos or post around a theme? Any advice?

Thanks, Marisa.

• Eliane • said...

Sweet idea! :)

unknown said...

I could not have put it any better! Blog on to all of the Poppin's out there! hugssssssssss

Blue Panther said...

Thank you for this post!

Happy BYB Sunday and have a great week ahead.

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Happy BYB Sunday

CyberCelt said...

Thanks for defending Neo. I suspect someone is jealous of someone else having an original idea on the Internet.

BYB Sunday is something to which I look forward. I take more care with my BYB post than any other. I have to find the perfect prayer, blessing or poem. Then I have to decide on a picture. Lately, I have been using one of my photographs, so it is more nerve wrecking.

I believe you and Neo are both Poppins, Oti. You both look for the good in everyday life and see the best in any situation.

Maybe I will make my post next Sunday about y'all.

kuanyin333 said...

Well written! I totally agree, and that is why I always take the time to comment on every BYB participants blog! I wish everyone would do the same!

Anonymous said...

Interesting image!

Cail said...

i love this picture, great use of light and angle