Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Guest Post: Favorites



What I love about New York Nitty-Gritty is how, over and over again, Otilius captures the day to day absurdity found in New York City. A man poking his head into a huge vent? (Looking for God knows what?) You'll see all this and more, just by walking down the street on any given day.



A wrapped up Santa Claus? (Why not just bring him inside?)



A giant billboard of Moshiach? (Who is Moshiach? Why does he rate such space?)

There is also a great deal of beauty and unexpected color to be found just outside of NYC. I have always loved this "flood" photo from Pennsylvania, just because I think it's so beautiful.



Thank you, Otilius, for a year of great photos. I can't wait to see what 2007 will bring.

Lucia

3 comments:

ravaj said...

'moshiach' is hebrew for 'messiah', and the rebbe pictured is rabbi schneerson, thought by his followers to be moshiach.

Anonymous said...

Lucia picked my favorite, the "flood"... I didn't even know it existed until you had your contest. Guess I need to go back before I "knew" you and see what else is in here.

Anonymous said...

Your comments and captions are awesome!

Connie
http://www.connietalk.com