Saturday, November 25, 2006

Big Wheel View



So, maybe the hotel where I stayed in New Hampshire for Thanksgiving didn't inspire THE SHINING. Though from New England, maybe Stephen King needed to go 2/3 of the way across the USA to Colorado's Stanley Hotel in order to come up with the idea of a winter caretaker losing his mind at a remote haunted hotel, et cetera. No matter. I submit to you my version of the view from Danny's big wheel...

NOTE: the double doors down the hall were only added in recent years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one freaks me out. You hadda go mention The Shining, didn't ya?

Wally Banners said...

lol I stayed at New yorker guess a block away from mad.ison garden. Same look but white walls. you want spooky? try the queen mary at Ca long beach very creepy.

Steve Kenul said...

redrum, redrum, REDRUM!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...This wouldn't happen to be a certain Inn on Front St. in Exeter, would it? Sure looks like it.

Anonymous said...

Lol these words i word verification are getting so long even a human being trips up..let alone the mailers that are out there.

Great shot..and one scarey book when I first read it many eons ago. Foolsih me..I was alone in the deep country..no one around for miles and miles..I had to stop reading it and call a friend in the city to come visit and fast.

Memories.

Anonymous said...

I love these photos, and I can't wait until we visit New York in February!

xx

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. I enjoy these shots.