Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Little Man Luncheonette



The little man walks near the Park Luncheonette (est. 1931) in Greenpoint, Brooklyn under today's overcast sky. Later, he grew saddened to see the luncheonette's WEBSITE and learned of its no longer offering the signature egg cream drink. I guess hipsters prefer the looks of the past over the substance.

Last chance to nominate your favorite blogs for the Seventh Annual Weblog Awards: the 2007 bloggies. Until 10 PM EST today, you can nominate weblogs or "blogs" in several categories. If you wish to select me, may I suggest the Best Photography of a Weblog and Best-Kept Secret categories. Heck, even Weblog of the Year. LOL! There are many categories, so have fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad! Going out to the local luncheonette for an egg cream used to be so special!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm curious. What's an egg cream drink? I checked out their website and found a reference to it in the "History" section, but there's no description.

Erin over at Whatever Blows My Skirt sent me, so you can thank her for my crazy question ;)

Anonymous said...

I used to live in an industrial loft a few blocks from there; thanks for reminding me of a great 'hood.

Anonymous said...

An egg cream is chocolate syrup, whole milk and fizzy soda water. Not an egg to be found. You can also have a vanilla egg cream.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Sounds yummy. Wonder why they stopped offering it on the menu?